Sunday, June 1, 2014

Mom's Letter to Grandpa

 March 20, 1952

Dear Daddy,
 
I hope your enjoying
your self. I been very busy
with Micky. She has been
going to bed early as you'll
see in her letter. the snow
is melling and is alful
slussy but the weather is
fine. Did Mommy tell
you that Sonny got on
the honer roll. Sonny been
mad because he has to
walk four blocks to catch
the bus and get off. That
night he was hitting
everybody who sat close






to him at the table.
Yvonne was not home
so I got all the hitting.
And of corse you know
when Yvonne is not home
who has to do the dishes.
Mommy says in her
opion that we should
move because of Sonny
and Yvonne. Sonny, and
Yvonne, Micky she said
no whe we asked her. and

me don't want to move.
Robert, Germaine, and Jeanette
do want to move. But
your the boss and you
diside wheater we do or
not move. We diside we if move
we want a 9 bedroom house
which is imposoble unless
we would live in a casole.
Please excuse my spelling.
By I'll write again "If
you want me to." From
                           Suzanne


This is a letter that my mom wrote to my grandpa. It cracks me up that Sonny, my uncle was hitting because he had to walk 4 blocks!



(oldest to youngest)

Elmer (Sonny) Pierre, b. 1936
Yvonne Pierre, b. 1938
Suzanne Pierre (my mom), b. 1941
Suzanne Pierre (my mom), b. 1941
Robert Pierre, b. 1943
Germaine Pierre, b. 1944, d. 1989
Jeanette Pierre, b. 1947
Michele Pierre, b. 1949

No comments:

Post a Comment