Friday, January 6, 2023

#52ancestors Week 1: I'd Like to Meet (Jan. 1-7)

 I have lots of ancestors that I would like to meet but Catherine Harshman Barnum is probably the first one.  She is one of great great grandma's on my dad's side.  

She married Wheeler Barnum on 28 September 1852 in Willow River, St. Croix County, Wisconsin.  

Catherine was born 23 February 1828, Washington, Washington, Pennsylvania. She had 9 children, 4 girls and 5 boys.  She died 11 April 1887 in Spencer Brook, Isanti, Minnesota. She died of consumption. Three of her daughters died of consumption also. One daughter Laura died at age 4 and no information about how she died. 

Most of the boys did not have very happy lives except maybe one son who moved to Texas. 

I would love to hear stories of her growing up and how her family moved to Wisconsin.  Catherine was the oldest of 14 children.  I wonder if when her family was young was it a happy home? Or was there so much sickness it was hard.  








I found that I had already created a post for Catherine Harshman Barnum 1828-1887


No comments:

Post a Comment