Sunday, January 15, 2023

#52ancestors Week 3 Out of Place (Jan. 15-21)

Louis Edward Bunker is my husbands great uncle on his fathers side.  Due to family issues my husband grandfather William and Louis was put in care in his early teens in the Crown Point, Indiana area.  This is were His brother William, (my husband's grandfather) settle and raised his family.  The family lost touch with Louis probably after WW1. In early January 1948 William received this letter from a Funeral Home in Eagle, Colorado:

William told his wife Maise to throw out.  She did not throw out the letter.  Many years later her son and my husband's uncle Dick found the letter in a drawer. Dick knew that I was into researching the family and gave it to me.  I then wrote, this was in the early 90's, to Eagle County Colorado Historical Society and then sent me both a newspaper article and a copy of his death certificate. 



Eagle Valley Enterprise, 10 October 1947
Eagle, Colorado



We had found Louis Bunker.  I was then able to find him on the 1940 Federal Census.  I am still working on his blog post - here is the link Louis Edward Bunker on Ancestry.  My goal is finish his blog post this week.  












No comments:

Post a Comment